? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Playing the hero

**note to the wise** This is my opinion, take it as it is. Opinions = Assholes. Mine may be more hairy, or less, then you like, but it is mine. It is with me for life and I wont sew it up and pack it away.

As Hurricane Gustav makes it way towards land, I begin to catch myself questioning the sanity of people in its path.

"Overnight, Hurricane Gustav's winds decreased enough to make the storm a Category 3. But the 8 am ET NHC advisory says it could restrengthen in the next 24 hours."

Why risk it? Human error, these stats are not facts. No one knows how strong this storm is going to be until it gets here. Im tired of hearing out the hero. I must stay for my possessions and pets. My house survived Katrina, it will survive again (damn, to be a psyhic). The rest of my family is staying. I don't think it will be that bad.

HELLO! Does everyone forget what happened during Katrina? Who is to say this storm is not going to be worse? Who says your house, after all the battery it took from Katrina, will stand this time? Who says a tree will not fall through your child's bedroom window, who says your house will not be flooded with you stuck in it with 6ft of water?

I just do not understand. They give you warnings, they give you evacuation orders and you stay? Why are you playing hero. Don't tell me your not, your either playing hero or your playing stupid ignorant fool. Put your life, your children's life, you pets life on a higher petestal. You can rebuild your house and buy new possessions, you cant bring a life back. Get out of the mind set of being stronger then the storm, and realize that this is a serious threat!

Call me an idiot, but if I saw a storm like that headed towards MY family, Id be looooong gone without second thought. My children are worth so much more to me then that. You can tell me over and over that it dosnt make you love your child any less. You may love them, but your thought process is all wrong. You are your child's decision maker and protector, do your job!


That being said, my prayers are with all the families down that way. I really hope everyone makes the right decision to stay safe. I pray for all the children and innocent lives that are being forced to stay in this storms wake. May God watch over you and protect you.

0 comments: