? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, August 25, 2008

My children are special because...

- They know how to love. Everyday my daughter looks me in the eyes and says with her pretty straight little face "mommy, I really love you". She dosnt just say it because she wants something, she dosnt say it out of habit. Most of the time it is out of left field and for no reason at all. She will be in the middle of playing a game and walk up to me and tell me she loves me, then goes back to playing. In the middle of the day, in the middle of her favorite cartoon, she will turn to me and say "mommy, do you know how much I love daddy?". This child knows love, true love. That makes her very special!
Although Brooklyn does not speak fluently yet, her ability to love is very aparent! She is a very loving child. Any baby or animal she sees, she hugs and kisses with a big smile planted on her face. If you say "baby, mama loves you" (which I make a point to say atleast 3x a day), her face lights up and she simply puts her head on your shouler, arms around your neck and squeezes with every ounce in her. This child knows love, true love. That makes her very special!


- They know family. Im not saying they know who their family is. They know what family means. They are very lucky to be surrouded by a huge family who adores each and every piece of them. They adore the good (and boy is there lots) and they enjoy the bad (you know...the attitude, temper tantrums and all that jazz). Our family tries very hard to be positive influences in their lives. I admit, none of us are perfect, but they really do try. They make sure both girls feel equaly loved and cherished. They make sure both girls are well aware of how special they are to them. They give each of them the individual time they need, as well as the time together. They are very lucky to have great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins 1-20 and much more who think they are 2 of the most special little beings on earth. for this, they are very special!

- They know reality. I don't hide truths from my children. To an extend (they ARE still young!). This can be a cruel cruel world and I want them to be prepared and confident enough to take their place in life.

- They have confidence. I am very passionate about keeping childrens self esteem at an all time high. My child will never be called ugly, or fat, or stupid. Negativity is not spoken to my children because they deserve so much better. Unfortunatly they will hear alot of negative talk in life. About them, and about others. This kills a persons faith in life, and kills a persons self esteem. It is my duty as their mother to keep that self esteem as high as I can possibly make it. I want them to be comfortable and confident enough to allow those negative things in life not destroy them. I want them to be better then the negativity.

- They know health. I am a firm believer in creating a positive sense of self in my children. They need to know why it is so important to be healthy, active and eat properly. This isnt always easy with a stubbron 3yr old who may not want to eat, or a 1yr old whos teeth are leaving her appetite next to none. This all goes back to truth. I dont lie to them. I let them know exactly why it is so important to have a healthy, well balanced diet. It is my duty as their mom to make sure their precious little brains dont dwiddle away years down the road because they didnt eat properly. It is my duty as their mother to make sure I dont have a 5yr old anorexic. It is my duty as their mother to make sure my children are living a positive and healthy life.

Most of all, my children know me. They know all of me. They know my strengths, and they know my flaws. Brian and I allow our children to see us for who we really are. That being said, because of them, I try to make myself to be the best ME I can possibly be. I am not perfect, and that is ok. They need to know that they dont have to be perfect to be successful. They need to know it is ok to struggle. They need to know it is ok to work so hard that it hurts. I want them to work for what they want in life. I want them to be the best them that they can possibly be. No matter WHO they are in life, I will not judge them. I will accept them for who they are, because I am their mother and I offer them nothing but the truest and purest of love I possibly can give.

1 comments:

Henry said...

I am trying to give my daughter self-esteem,too. Made me realize how often I say negative things about myself! I've been trying to be to be more accepting of my percieved shortcomings to set a good example. That's pretty tough at times;isn't it?